Make up routine after having a baby



HOW I APPLY MAKEUP (WHILE HOLDING MY BABY)

I love makeup. I don’t always wear it, but I love to look at it in stores, test lipstick samples on my hands, and read about it on the Internet when I’m supposed to be doing work. Nobody should have to wear makeup any more than people should have to go to sporting events, literary readings, or anime conventions if they don’t want to, but for those of us who like it, makeup is great fun. But having a baby changes one’s life and hobbies in unexpected ways, and that includes makeup.
Once I was ready to start wearing makeup again after having a baby, I found that the reliable old routine–red lipstick and go–that had stood me so well since high school would no longer cut it. That 30 - 40 minute turned into a barely 10 minute make up session . 
Luckily babies may be the ultimate style camouflage: They're so cute that they draw attention away from the dark circles under your eyes, the neglected hair, and a wardrobe that revolves around sweatpants.
Still, every woman knows there's a connection between feeling good and looking good. After having a baby, the trick is to look your best with as little fuss as possible.
The “boring” makeup becomes very exciting
As a lover of makeup, I have long categorized makeup into two categories: Fun and Boring. “Fun” includes red lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, etc. It’s the pigmented stuff that lets you paint on your face like a kid at a carnival. “Boring” is the stuff designed to enhance “prettiness” and cover “flaws,” like foundation and concealer. Honestly, I never gave the boring stuff much thought. I thought foundation was aging and unnecessary until I found myself sitting next to a person whose skin was only four months old.
A BB Cream with a broad-spectrum sunscreen is an excellent all-in-one option that includes a bit of light foundation with moisturizer, sunblock, and anti-aging ingredients all in one step. A tinted moisturizer with SPF is also a good, fast option.

My favorite at this moment is the BB cream from Revlon in medium ( need all the color in the world after sleepiness nights ! ) . On a flat surface, push two pumps of foundation onto your fingers or brush. In my experience, sponges just soak up the makeup and add an expense to my beauty budget.
Blend the foundation in downwards, toward your jaw line. Smoothing towards your neck will help make streaks less visible, and will flatten the fine, peach fuzz hair on your lower cheeks. Sweep a little past your chin, so that you don’t have a noticeable line.

Next, dab your concealer on any blemishes (I use Full Coverage concealer medium sand 04 from Note ), and then under your eyes making a triangle shape, and blend. This is going to luminize your eyes and give you full coverage from those dark circles. No one will know the baby kept you up all of last night!

The powder goes next ( from Note as well ) and i really love this one for giving me that glowing look i despaired need .

And the final step is a touch of peach on my cheeks , and a lip-balm to seal the deal  . I'm saving a few minutes by not applying mascara since i have lash extensions ( golden medal for the person how invented them ! ) 

So this is my everyday make up routine since having a little one who seems to like red lipsticks just like her mommy :)) . 
 Wanting to look good isn't just vanity. It shows that you value yourself. And your child wants — scratch that, needs — a mother who feels good.

Comments

Popular Posts